descendants of Jean du PREL
1. Jean du PREL #1 born 1478, Salins ?, France, married (1) Jeanne FAROZ #2, died 1518, Bourg ?, Dessous ?, France ?, married (2) Etiennette _____ #3. Habitant de Bourg, Dessous,France 1478-1499
from the book Dictionaire Anciennes families de French-Comte #944.45 LDS Library Salt Lake City, Utah SOURCE OF INFORMATION: Notice genealogique sur la famille du Prel. Gazette of Lorraine Metz Saturday , 9 Mar 1907. No 57 pg 2
Children by Jeanne FAROZ:
2. i Guillaume du PREL #4 born ABT 1499, Bourg Dessous ?, France. (Selon de Temps) ec 1520
3. ii Nicolas du PREL #5 born ABT 1500, Bourg, Dessous ?, France. Convoque le 21 december 1521 a la montre du Riere Ban du balliage d' Aval a Salins
+ 4. iii Pierre du PREL #6 born abt 1501.
4. Pierre du PREL #6 (1.Jean1) born abt 1501, Bourg, Dessous ?, France, occupation Magistrate, married 15 Nov 1534, Claudine COLIN #7, (daughter of Pierre COLIN #9 and Perrenette de CLERVAUX #8) died 13 Apr 1560. Pierre died 15 Sep 1549, Salins, France. Of Salins in 1524. He received of Charles Quint dated nobility letters of August 1533 in Dole to the parliament. He tested 13 November 1534. His wife Claude Colin told Hake unsufructuary widow 16 September 1555, that died 13 April 1560. SOURCE: The book Dictionaire Anciennes families de France Comte
+ 5. i Jeanne du PREL #10 born ABT 1535.
+ 6. ii Guillaume du PREL #38.
5. Jeanne du PREL #10 (4.Pierre2, 1.Jean1) born ABT 1535, Salins ?, France, married Pierre COQUELIN #11, died 1573, Salins ?, France ?. Jeanne died 1573, Salins ?, France. Cing enfants Notammont Mathieus qui suit. ALIAS: Duprel Pierre: Marchand qui mouret en 1573.
7. i Mathieu COQUELIN #12 21 Sep 1564, Salins ? France. Mathieu and Clauda VERMET had 5 children
8. ii unk COQUELIN #34.
9. iii unk COQUELIN #35.
10. iv _____ COQUELIN #36.
11. v unk COQUELIN #37.
6. Guillaume du PREL #38 (4.Pierre2, 1.Jean1) married Simone de GERARD #39. Guillaume died 1572. ec de Salins alle a Simone de Gerard qui tosta en 1572 entant deja beuve. II eurent. ALIAS: Duprel
+ 12. i Jean du PREL #40.
12. Jean du PREL #40 (6.Guillaume3, 4.Pierre2, 1.Jean1) occupation Lord of Arloz, married 6 Sep 1562, Antoinette le MOINE #41, born Poligny ?, France ?, (daughter of Claude le MOINE #43 and Pernette du CHOUX #42). Jean died 1588, Flanders. Jean Duprel lord of Arloz. Already in conflict and in trouble in Franche Comte he was indicted in an affair of homicide in Aug 1566. The City Parliament on 27 February 1569, exonerated him. In April during the invasion by the duke of Deux Ponts, he was again compromised, at the same time that his master of the hour John de Citey, captain of Faucogney. During this time he abandoned the Chateau. Jean escaped to Flanderss where he died in 1588. He had married, by contract of 6 September 1562, Antoinnette le Moine daughter of Claude le Moine, of Poligny.
from the book Dictionaire Anciennes families de Franche-Comte page 941 (Europe section book number 944.45 LDS library Salt Lake City Utah. Antoinette: her fathers full name is Claude le Moine de Poliany
+ 13. i Pierre du PREL #44 born ABT 1563.
+ 14. ii Jeanne du PREL #309.
15. iii Antoine du PREL #331 born 5 Aug 1575, Salins ?, France ?. Vivant en 1610 ALIAS: DU PREL
13. Pierre du PREL #44 (12.Jean4, 6.Guillaume3, 4.Pierre2, 1.Jean1) born ABT 1563, Salins ?, France, occupation Lord of Arloz, married 23 Jun 1591, in Salins, France, Antoinette de MARCHAND #45, (daughter of Francois de MARCHAND #47 and Marguerite de NOZEROY #46). Pierre died 1628. Lord of Arloz. clergyman of part to the Great Saunerie 1589. died 1628. He married by contract of 23 June 1591, to Antoinette Marchand daughter of Francois Marchand lord of Boujailles, and Marguerite de Nozeroy. Pierre was inspector for his Catholic Majesty from Salins.
+ 16. i Jeanne du PREL #48.
+ 17. ii Antoinette Francoise du PREL #183.
18. iii Louis du PREL #205 born 21 Mar 1593, died 29 Jul 1636. recu chanoinc de Langres le 26 Apr 1628.
+ 19. iv Antoine du PREL #206 born 14 Feb 1609.
20. v Jean du PREL #305 occupation Doctor, married Louise de CHASSAGNE #306, (daughter of Pierre de CHASSAGNE #308 and Charlotte COLIN #307). Jean died 1628. have rights to marry Louise de Chassagne a girl according to customs of the time. daughter of Pierre de Chassagne, lord of Torpes, and Charlotte Colin Louise: She married again 27 Sep 1637 to Philibert Froissard sr de Bersallin.
14. Jeanne du PREL #309 (12.Jean4, 6.Guillaume3, 4.Pierre2, 1.Jean1) 10 Dec 1565, married 4 Oct 1588, Claude Philibert PORTIER #310, born Salins ?, France ?. Jeanne died 1627, Salins ?, France.
21. i Marguerite PORTIER #311. married Philippe Pelissonnier on 8 Apr 1625 had 3 children
22. ii Etiennette PORTIER #322 born Salins ?, France ?, died 1632. both of her husbands, Jean Chevalier and Gabriel Chebevalier were brothers. Her last name has also been written Pourtier. she married 1st Jean Chevalier on 14 Jul 1622. The 2nd marriage was to his brother Gabriel on 12 Oct 1637
23. iii Louis PORTIER #327.
16. Jeanne du PREL #48 (13.Pierre5, 12.Jean4, 6.Guillaume3, 4.Pierre2, 1.Jean1) born Salins ?, France ?, married 27 Apr 1628, Jean Baptiste BANCENEL #49, born 15 Mar 1601, Myon ?, France, title: Lord of Myon. Jeanne died 1684. Jean: Par son testament en date du 30 septembre 1660, publie le 22 novembre 1662 au bailliage de Salins, il legue 300 livres a sa fille Marguerite Antoinette baptistized le 21 aoug 1643. (Sr de Myon).
24. i Pierre BANCENEL #50 born 22 Sep 1632, died 10 Oct 1662.
25. ii Jacques Francois BANCENEL #51 born 2 Jul 1640, title: Baron, died 8 Aug 1700. capitaine de Cavalerie au service du Roi d'Espagno il fit Chregistrer son blason a l'Armorial Gereral de 1696. married to Charlotte de Jouffroy they had 5 children
26. iii Marguerite Antoinette BANCENEL #72 born 21 Aug 1643, died 1685. Marguerite married first Guillaume Coquelin in 1660 and had 3 children, she married second Jean Simon.
27. iv Jacques BANCENEL #108 died 8 Aug 1700. Jacques Bancenel II du nom ecuyer seigneur de Myon, et de Champagne en partie, mayeur et capitainede Salins, puis major du regiment de Dole Il eposa, par contrat du 20 juillot 1652, Genevieve Antoinette, fille de Claude de Vers ecuyer, seigneur de Vaudrey et de Claudine de Reculot, dont il eut douze enfantrs. Testant le 7 mars 1673 a Salins, il legua l'usufruit de ses biens a son epouse et une somme de 4.000 francs a sa fille Etiennette Francoise qui
17. Antoinette Francoise du PREL #183 (13.Pierre5, 12.Jean4, 6.Guillaume3, 4.Pierre2, 1.Jean1) married 1620, Pierre Quentin VIGOUREUX #184, title: Lord of Ruans. Antoinette died 13 Oct 1632, Salins, France. first name also written Antonia. ALIAS: Duprel Pierre: sr de d'Evans. He married a 2nd time to a Jeannette Chaumont de Pole
28. i Federic VIGOUREUX #185.
29. ii Antoinette Francoise VIGOUREUX #186 died 10 Sep 1717, Salins, France. she married in 1649 Alexandre Jacques, they had 3 children. Widow in 1673
30. iii Claude VIGOUREUX #203.
19. Antoine du PREL #206 (13.Pierre5, 12.Jean4, 6.Guillaume3, 4.Pierre2, 1.Jean1) born 14 Feb 1609, occupation Lord d'Arloz, married (1) 2 Oct 1645, Marguerite du PIN #207, (daughter of Claude du PIN #209 and Anne de Chavirey #208) died 29 Dec 1692, Salins, France, married (2) 1633, Claudine de GRACHAUX #210, (daughter of Francois de GRACHAUX #212 and Francoise de BEAUJEU #211). Antoine died 8 Jul 1665, Salins, France. SOURCE OF INFORMATION: Notice genealogique sur la famille du Prel. The Gazette of Lorraine Metz saturday, 9 Mar 1907, No 57, pg 2. ALIAS: DU PREL SOURCE #2: Bulletin Institut Fribourgeois d'Heraldique et de Genealogie, 1993 TITLE & FULL NAME: baron Antoine du PREL d'Arloz, Marguerite: TITLE & FULL NAME: baroness Marguerite du PIN de la CHASNEE de JUSSEAU
Children by Marguerite du PIN:
+ 31. i Claude du PREL #213.
+ 32. ii Gerard du PREL #220 born ABT 1658.
33. iii Marc Dorothee du PREL #301 born ABT 1665, occupation Governor. Gouverneur des Ville et Chateau de Bletterans France TITLE: baron
34. iv Pierre du PREL #302 born 1667, Salins, France, died 1669, Salins, France. carme a Salins en 1667, decede en 1669. ALIAS: Duprel
Children by Claudine de GRACHAUX:
35. v Perrenette du_PREL #303 born ABT 1630, married Jacques II de VERS #304, died 3 Mar 1660. Jacques: Capitaine mayeur 1656. Perrenette Duprel was his 2nd wife, his 1st wife's name was Marguerite Janneau. Jacques was a Procureur Postulant de Poligny.
31. Claude du PREL #213 (19.Antoine6, 13.Pierre5, 12.Jean4, 6.Guillaume3, 4.Pierre2, 1.Jean1) married Antoinette de VERS #214, (daughter of Francois de Vers #216 and Francoise du SAIX #215). Claude died 1699. Chevalier seigneur de Chapois 1680. SOURCE OF INFORMATION: Notice genealogique sur la famille du Prel. The Gazette of Lorraine Metz saturday. 9 Mar 1907, No 57, pg 2. ALIAS: Duprel TITLE: baron Antoinette: Merceret written after her last name. Her father was seigneur de Vaudrey I suspect her last name should be written as Antoinette de Vandrey de Vers. She was Charles Antoine du Prel Godmother.
36. i Charles Joseph du PREL #217 27 Mar 1673, title: Baron, married Francoise de SOUCHET #218. Seigneur de Chapois Chevalier de Malte non protes en 1714 Lieutenant puis Commandant au regiment d'Enghien, Chevalier de S. Louis Gouverneur du chateau de Joux lieutenant du roi a Pontarlier 1760. Ne laissa pas d'enfant FULL NAME / TITTLE: Charles Marie Joseph Humbert du PREL d'Arloz baron de Chapois, seigneur de Chapois, Arbois et Meronnaz SOURCE: Bulletin Institut Fribourgeois d'Heraldique et de Genealogie. Sep 1993 ALIAS: Duprel Francoise: FULL NAME: Francoise pelagie de Souchet
37. ii Gerard Francois du PREL #219. FULL NAME / TITTLE: Gerard Francois du PREL d'Arloz, baron de Chapois, sieur de Salins et Arbois, fut reconnu bourgeois de Fribourg le 10 Avril 1733 et devint aussi bourgeois de Lussy (Glane) le 29 aout 1734 SOURCE: Bulletin Institut Fribourgeois d'Heraldique et de Genealogie. Sep 1993 ALISA: Guerard
32. Gerard du PREL #220 (19.Antoine6, 13.Pierre5, 12.Jean4, 6.Guillaume3, 4.Pierre2, 1.Jean1) born ABT 1658, occupation Lord of Erpeldange, married 1691, in Erpeldange, Luxembourg, Marie Madeleine de FAILLY #221, (daughter of Charles Francois de FAILLY #223 and Marie Marguerite de GIRALDIN #222). Gerard died 1733, Erpeldange, Luxembourg. Last name also written Duprel. In 1691 his title was Gerneral Francois Gerard du Prel de Chapois. SOURCE OF INFORMATION: Notice of genealogique sur la famille du Prel. The Gazette of Lorraine Metz saturday, 9 Mar 1907, No 57 pg 2.
Gerard du Prel de Chapois, brother of Claude du Prel, quite the Spainsh service after the peace at Nimeque in 1678, he took service in the King's Musketers and died in 1733, with a rank (columm) lin of Lt. General of service of France. He established his home in Luxembourg following his marriage with Marie Madelline de Failly de Sancy, lady of Erpeldange. His son Charles Antoine, Baron du Prel Lord of Erpeldange, Councilor of court and Marshall of the Nobles of the Duchy of Luxembourg, Originator of 2 lines, Charles Marie Joseph, husband of Catherine de la Salle Rentra in France. His last respresentative, The Baron Adolphe du Prel of Erpeldange, old aid de camp of General de la Salle parent , Colonel du 5th hussards, was killed in Nancy France in 1863, and left of his marriage with Therese Charlotte le Begue of Bajecourt, 2 daughters, the one married Baron de Kesling de Berg, the other to Viscount de Bry d'Arcy of whom a son, was an officer in the French Cavalry. Guerard ec 1669, Major de cavalerie au service de l'Empereur du regiment de Coninck 1686. Marie en Luxembourg Il y fit souche et sa posterite s'etablit a Dieuze France, en Lorraine. Le Baron Duprel d'Arloz attache en 1909-1914 a la chancellerce de Guillaume II. doit etre son descendant.
TITTLE: baron. full tittle Seigneur d'Erpeldange, Bettembourg, Abweiler, Tentange, ect ALIAS: Joannes Francois Gerard du Prel SOURCE #2: Bulletin Institut Fribourgeois d'Heraldique et de Genealogie. 1993 Marie: she was known as the frau von Erpeldange in German. In French she was known as Maria Madeleine de Failly de Sancy dame d'Erpeldange TITLE: baroness
+ 38. i Charles Antoine du PREL #224 born 16 Jan 1692.
39. ii Maria Ursula du PREL #299 born 3 Dec 1696, Erpeldange, Luxembourg, married unknown de WENTY #300. She was a widow by 1745, she was a witness at her nice Maria Ursula baptismal. On her Baptismal record there was a Maria Ursula de Heyden nata De Coob. GODFATHER: Charles Cole Bossmullen GODMOTHER: Maria Ursula de Heyden nata de Coob TITLE: baroness unknown: not sure they are married but the record shows nata Duprel.
38. Charles Antoine du PREL #224 (32.Gerard7, 19.Antoine6, 13.Pierre5, 12.Jean4, 6.Guillaume3, 4.Pierre2, 1.Jean1) born 16 Jan 1692, Erpeldange, Luxembourg, occupation Lord of Erpeldange, married 9 Aug 1733, in Erpeldange, Luxembourg, Marie Barbara Angela von EYDEN #225, born 1710, died 1 Dec 1782, Erpeldange, Luxembourg. Charles died 1762, Erpeldange, Luxembourg. Name also written as Carolus Antonius Duprel, Duprelle and Duprell. RECORDS: Baptismal, Mag article, Luxembourg history book. On his baptismal record there was a Antonette Duprel born de Vers of Vandry she was the wife of his uncle Claude du Prel. Charles Antoine du Prel was a me mber and head of the nobles & Conseil Provincial lord of Erpeldange, Hoscheid, Diekirch. GODFATHER: Carolus Bernard de Failly GODMOTHER: Antonetta du Prel (nata Vandrey) his uncle Claude du Prel wife. TITLE & FULL NAME: baron Charles Antoine Anatole d'Arloz baron du Prel, lord of Erpeldange, recu a l'etat noble of duche of Luxembourg in 1761, conseiller of Courte Robe and marechal of the Noblesse of duche of Luxemoburg.
On his property as co-lord of Brandenbourg, Charles Bernard du Bost had concern about hunting rights. He had a dispute with his neighbour, the baron Gerard du Prel of Chapois, lord of Erpeldange since 1691. The affair having been carried ahead to the Great Council of Malines, du Prel sent his son, Charles Antoine in 1720 to the city to activate the trial. Charles du Bost, seems to have had more relationships in Malines and finds the means to suspend the judgement. The judgement (du Prel dixit). This resulted in a duel that took place on 6 or 26 April 1721 in "Stockiger Busch" between Luxembourg and Bettembourg. The duel tool the life of Charles Bernard du Bost. His adversary Charles Antoine du Prel was pardoned on 13 November 1721. In his meeting of 26 February 1722 with the Provincial Council they decided not to proceed to confirm. The Council always tedious of the letter of remission and grace, officially because the widow had not settled the civil part, probably because Charles du B ost had violated the rules of the duel and placed his adversary Charles Antoine du Prel in the legitimate defensive state.
Duels are very rae in Luxembourg. There are only four cases where a duel is provoked. 1st: The count de Cobenzl for the honor of the empress. 2nd: in 1782 the miserable consequence of a futile joke of carnival. 3rd: in 1721 charles Bernard du Bost-Moulin, father of the future marquis du Pont d'Qye, finds his death in a duel provoked by the baron du Prel at the end of a quarrel on their respective hunting rights, as co-lords of Brandenbourg. 4th: a lone duel to revenge the honor of a noblemans death, is provoked in 1775 by Charles Elisabeth Joseph, baron knight d'Huart.
The legislation is extremely severe but is suitable encouragement in this area. A series of edicts forbiding duels is published in the 17th century, the last dating 1667.
from the book Biographile Nationale du Pays de Luxembourg Depuis ses Orgines Jusqua Nos Jours.. Collection Presentee Par Jules Mersch.. Volume XVIII Fasciule page 438 and 451
Marie: ALIAS: Heyden. TITLE: baroness Lds film #-425011 Ettelbruck
40. i Antoine du PREL #226 born 1734, Erpeldange, Luxembourg. Name also written as Duprell. TITLE & FULL NAME: baron Antoine Charles
+ 41. ii Charles Joseph du PREL #228 born Oct 1737.
+ 42. iii Maria Angelia du PREL #295 born 15 Nov 1739.
43. iv Conrad Philippe du PREL #227 1741, Erpeldange, Luxembourg. Name also written Duprell TITLE & FULL NAME: baron Conrad Philippe Lds film #0424986 Diekirch
+ 44. v Jean Baptiste du PREL #255 born 17 Sep 1747.
45. vi Maria Ursula Charlotte du PREL #251 5 Dec 1747, Erpeldange, Luxembourg. Name also written Duprell. GODMOTHER: Marie Ursula Charlotte Wentz nata Duprel On her nephews Pierre Adolphe du Prel birth record She was listed as his Godmother. Her name was written as Maria Ursula Charlotta Baroness Douairiere de Zorn nee Baronne DuPrel. TITLE: baroness Lds film #0424986 Diekirch
+ 46. vii Maria Francois du PREL #252.
41. Charles Joseph du PREL #228 (38.Charles8, 32.Gerard7, 19.Antoine6, 13.Pierre5, 12.Jean4, 6.Guillaume3, 4.Pierre2, 1.Jean1) born Oct 1737, Erpeldange, Luxembourg, occupation Lord of Erpeldange, married 5 Aug 1772, in Luxembourg, Marie Joseph Catherine de la SALLE #229, (daughter of Albert de la_SALLE #231 and wife of Albert de la Salle #230) occupation Lady of Erpeldange, died 1838, Erpeldange, Luxembourg. Charles died 18 May 1812, Erpeldange, Luxembourg. Name also written as Duprel Baron of Erpeldange. Nomme Conseiller Surnumeraire de Courte Robe. LDS #1141340 Diekirch, Lu xembourg & 0424986 Erpeldange TITLE & FULL NAME: baron Charles Joseph Marie Jacob du PREL
Charles Joseph baron du Prel surnumeraire de courte robe de notre conseil de Luxembourg le 5 aout 1772 fut passe un contrat de marriage entre Charles Marie Joseph baron du Prel, conseiller d'epee au conseil provincial de Luxembourg, et demoisselle Catherine Marie Joseph La Salle, fille mineure de feu messire Albert Lasalle, baron de l'Empire Dans son testament authentique du 6 mai 1812, du Prel Ch-J. figure en qualite de proprietaire a Erpeldange, ci-devant conseiller de S.M. l'Empereur d'Augtriche et juge-suppleant au tribunal de 1re instance a Diekirch. Le baron du Prel est decede au chateau d'Erpeldange le 18 mai 1812 M.-J.-C. de Lasalle stait cousine germaine du celebre general de division, le comte Antoine Charles Louis de Lasalle. Marie: TITLE: Baroness Lds film #1141340 Diekirch
47. i Philippe Conrad du PREL #232 born 13 Apr 1774, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg, married 14 Apr 1819, in Nancy, France, Catherine Cleinence CHARPET #233, lds film: 1297127, Nancy, France. Philippe died 13 Oct 1848, Luxembourg. Name also written Duprel. He was Charpet de Courirlle. LDS #1297127 Nancy, France. & 0424921 Luxembourg City TITLE & FULL NAME: baron Philippe Auguste Conrad du Prel GODFATHER: Philippe Conrad baron Duprel, was in the French Army of the King. GODMOTHER: Marie Josepha Juriano, window of Desquet ?
Augustel-Philippe-Conrad du Prel, was in the military State of France for 1788 as lieutenant to the regiment of nassau, Sarrebruck in Mittheilungen of the Vereins. for 1787 and 1788 Baron du Prel under lieutenant of replacement. However he only dressed in the lists. It is clear that in 1787 he was only thirteen years old. In March of 1793 he entered as cadet the Austrian infantry regiment of Baron Schroeder. He left in September 1793 .
SOURCE: Publication de la Section historique. de L'Institut G.D. de Luxembourg volume LVII
48. ii Maria Barbara Amila du PREL #234 born 29 Dec 1776, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg. TITLE: baroness Lds film #0424921 Luxembourg City
49. iii Antoine Domminique Emile du PREL #235 born 17 Nov 1779, Luxembourg, occupation Mayor of Dieuze, France, married (1) Louise Elisabeth FLOBLANT #236, lds film: 1297127, Nancy, France, married (2) 21 Sep 1837, in Nancy, France, Alexandine Ursule DURETESTE #237. TITLE & NAME: baron Antoine Domminique Emile Jacob Joseph du Prel ALIAS: Duprel / de Prel LDS #1297127 Nancy, France. & 0424921 Luxembourg City
50. iv Catherine Marie Josepha du PREL #238 born 26 Apr 1781, Erpeldange, Luxembourg. Name also written Duprell TITLE: baroness Lds film #0424986 Diekirch
+ 51. v Pierre Louis Adolphe du PREL #239 born 10 May 1782.
52. vi Barbee Franiaise du PREL #248 born 9 Oct 1789, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg. ALIAS: Duprel TITLE: baroness Lds film #0424912 Luxembourg City
53. vii Florent du PREL #249 born 16 Sep 1791, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg. He was suppose to have come to America in 1813/14. The records read that his family lost all contact with him. I have been unable as of yet to find any mention of him in the States. I did find a Lorent Duprel in LA census 1820 & a Charles Dupral in a 1830 census for LA & a Dupreling Anne LA census 1850 TITLE & FULL NAME: baron Florent Gaspard Fortune du Prel . du Prel Florent Gaspard Fortune (baron) born in Luxembourg on 16 September 1791. Son of Charles Marie Jospeph jacques and Marie Joseph Catherine la Salle. Florent was admitted in military school of Fontainebleau 23 April 1809. On 14 Aug 1810 he was sent in quality of under lieutenant in the 24th regiment of line infantry. In 1811 Florent undergoes the same as his brother Adolphe that they were signalled as draft dodgers to the authorities of the department. Thus on 29 August of the same year the notary Vannerus mayor of Diekirch wrote to the under prefect of district number 4.
" I hurry to satisfy your letter of 25 of the current no 1775 relative to the existence of the Sr. Duprel and to inform you that his relatives have observed that he is under lieutenant to the 24th regiment of the line infantry of 1st army corps in Spain. " (written 22 May 1812)
On 9 August du Prel passed in qualification of lieutenant in the 40th regiment infantry, but he was put to half pay on 16 April 1814, he retired to his home on 1 September 1814. He was resigned after having participated in the campagines of 1810, 1811 and 1812 in the army of Spain, and 1813 and 1814 in the Grand Army of France.
du Prel left the castle of Erpeldange, Luxembourg to established himself in America or he is deceased after having ceased all relationship with his family.
from the Publications de la Section Historique de L'institut G.D. de Luxembourg (volume LVII) by Imprimerie J. Schroell in 1909 ALIAS: Duprel
42. Maria Angelia du PREL #295 (38.Charles8, 32.Gerard7, 19.Antoine6, 13.Pierre5, 12.Jean4, 6.Guillaume3, 4.Pierre2, 1.Jean1) born 15 Nov 1739, Erpeldange, Luxemoburg., married Francois Ludovicus de BETTE #296. Maria died 6 Apr 1812, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg. She was godmother to Joannes Francois deheck 1754 in Luxembourg City Lux. ALIAS: Marie Nicole Duprel / Duprell Her birth record there was a pranobilis Domina Maria Anna Baronisa de Failly born de Reumont from Hollenfels, Luxembourg. Her last name was written as Duprelle. There was also a Francoise Edward Antoine de heyden baron Topa r cha in Niedervis ? he was on her baptismal record. TITLE: baroness Francois: alios capitaneo ? in Legoine de Menry France.
54. i Francois Ludovisus de BETTE #297 born 1772, Luxembourg Ville, Luxembourg. full name is Francois Ludovisus Joannes Baptista de Bette.
44. Jean Baptiste du PREL #255 (38.Charles8, 32.Gerard7, 19.Antoine6, 13.Pierre5, 12.Jean4, 6.Guillaume3, 4.Pierre2, 1.Jean1) born 17 Sep 1747, Erpeldange, Luxembourg, occupation Lord of Pilsach, married (1) in Hirschberg, Boheme, Johanna de BUTLER-CLONEBOUGH #257, died 6 Nov 1779, Amberg, Germany, married (2) 25 Jul 1788, in Amberg, Germany, Maria Therese von SCHMAUSS #258, died 14 May 1789, Amberg, Germany, married (3) 22 Nov 1789, Marie Anne de WEICHS #256, born 19 Feb 1762, (daughter of Josel Geog von WEICHS #398 and Maria Anna von BUMPPENBERG #399) died 18 Jul 1843, Amberg, Germany. Jean died 7 May 1805, Amberg, Bavaria, Germany. AKA: Duprell / D'uprel. Lds film #0424986 Diekirch SOURCE OF INFORMATION: Notice genealogique sur la famille du Prel. The Gazette of Lorraine Metz saturday, 9 Mar 1907. No 57, pg 2. TITLE & FULL NAME: baron Joannes Baptista Franciscus du Prel SOURCE #2: Bulletin Institut Fribourgeois d'Heraldique et de Genealogie, 1993
Jean Baptiste Baron du Prel brother of the Charles Marie Joseph established about 1770 in Bavaria, where he died at Amberg in 1805. He was Chambellan of elector of Councilor Aulique, Lord of Pilsach, Stein, Weiher etc. He left of his marriage with the Baroness Marie Anne de Weichs of Falkenfels, among others: Max Baron du Prel Royal Advocate (Lawyer) at Munich, died in 1882 husband of Anne Antoinette Therese of Sandreczli, from a Polish refugee family in Germany.
In 1772 Jean was listed on Marie Angelia sons baptismal record in Luxembourg City. Johanna: TITLE: comtesse Marie: TITLE & FULL NAME: baroness Marie Anne freun von und zu Weicks an des Glonn
Children by Maria Therese von SCHMAUSS:
55. i Maria Magdalena du PREL #333 born 30 May 1784, married Carl Ernst GRIESSENBECK von Griessenbach #334, died 9 Jan 1863. Maria died 22 Jan 1850. TITLE: baroness Karl: K.B. Major General
Children by Marie Anne de WEICHS:
+ 56. ii Clemens Joseph, du PREL #259 born 21 Nov 1791.
57. iii Friedrich Joseph du PREL #264 born 1 Jan 1797, Bavaria, occupation Treasurer/Goverment, died 26 Nov 1891. ALIAS: Duprel FULL NAME: Friedrich Willhelm Klemens du Prel decede sans posterite entre 1891 et 1911, bourgeois de Fribourg le 11 aout 1860, Regierungs Directror a Landshut TITLE: baron
+ 58. iv Maximilian du PREL #265 born 28 May 1800.
59. v Francoise du PREL #294 born 8 Dec 1792, Bavaria, died 23 Dec 1862. ALIAS: Duprel / von PREL dame de la Cour de Caroline de Baviere vivant en 1859 TITLE: baroness
46. Maria Francois du PREL #252 (38.Charles8, 32.Gerard7, 19.Antoine6, 13.Pierre5, 12.Jean4, 6.Guillaume3, 4.Pierre2, 1.Jean1) Luxembourg, married Gerard Joseph de FORMANOIS #253, title: Baron. Name also written Duprel. Was a witness at a baptismal on 17 Nov 1747 in Erpeldange, Luxembourg. and godmother to Francisci Ludovici de Bette (Dec 1772) Luxembourg City. TITLE & FULL NAME: baroness Maria Francois Xavoria Duprel Lds film #0424986 Diekirch Gerard: Lord de Schanlne ?
60. i Maria Francois de FORMANOIS #254 born 15 Jul 1775, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg. RECORDS: Birth
51. Pierre Louis Adolphe du PREL #239 (41.Charles9, 38.Charles8, 32.Gerard7, 19.Antoine6, 13.Pierre5, 12.Jean4, 6.Guillaume3, 4.Pierre2, 1.Jean1) born 10 May 1782, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg, occupation Lord of Erpeldange, married 9 Apr 1828, in Nancy, France, Theresa Charlotte Le BEGUE #240, born 5 Sep 1793, Nancy, France, (daughter of Pierre Louis Le Begue #242 and Marie Anne Louise DuPont #241) died 11 Nov 1872, Nancy, France. Pierre died 25 Oct 1863, Nancy, France. Full name Pierre Louis George Adolphe du Prel Baron of Er peldange. last name also written DuPrel and de Prel. Marie Ursula Charlotte du Prel was godmother, she signed his birth record DuPrel. LDS #1279127 Nancy, France & 0424921 Luxembourg City GODFATHER: Petrus Georgius baron de Itz witz lietuant Colonel at the palce of Luxembourg Page 500
du Prel Pierre-Louis-Adolphe-Georges Number #235938t. du Prel born in Luxembourg on 10 May 1782, son of Charles-Marie-Joseph-Jacques, baron du Prel, lord of Erpeldange, counselor of the court Robe and delegate residing in the noble state of the dukedom of Luxemburg and county of Chiny, and Marie-Josephe-Catherine de La Salle. 5 mars 1803, has entered as voluntary in the regiment of hussards. The same year. 1st September 1803. He was appointed corporal, on 28 November 1803, marshal of home. October 1807, He passed with the rank of under lieutenant in the regiment of chevau - light of Berg. Appointed lieutenant in the Rank of the great - duke of Berg on 15 February 1808, du Prel was sent 7 November following in quality of aid de camp to his cousin, the general count de Lasalle, with that he made the campaigns of 1808 in Spain. 5 July 1809, He was appointed captain - aid de camp; from the following day of His promotion, Lasalle was killed by his side on the battlefield of Wagram, where he himself w as created knight of the Legion of honor. 8 August following, he was put in possession of the patent that is found registered to the great chancery under the number 25658
In 1810, du Prel belonged to the loaded escort to accompany to Paris the archi - duchess Marie Louise. Strange thing the same year, du Prel is signalled to authorities that he is conscripted and to report to the country administrator. here is the preview
* Obvious letters, granted by Marie Therese on 4 March 1762, appoint Charles Joseph Baron the du Prel surnuméraire of court Robe of our advice of Luxemburg. 5 August 1772 had passed a contract of marriage between Charles Marie Joseph baron du Prel, counselor of sword to the provincial advice of Luxemburg, and demoiselle Catherine Marie Joseph de La Salle, daughter of Albert de Lasalle, baron of the Empire. In his authentic will of 6 May 1812, du Prel Charles Joseph figures in quality of proprietor to Erpeldange, here - ahead counselor of S.M. the Emperor of Austria and judge - deputy to the court of 1re authority in Diekirch. The baron du Prel is deceased at the chŕteau of Erpeldange 18 May 1812.
**M.J.C. de Lasalle was cousin germaine the famous general of division, the count Antoine Charles Louis de Lasalle.
To Mr administrator, baron of the Empier
Sir the administrator,
I have the honor to address you, and give you this certificate of Service activity that has been presented to me by Mr Duprel the Proprietor of Erpeldange, mayor of the Canton of Diekirch.
This document dated 16 April last, concerns his son Louis Adolphe, Captain, aid de Camp of general de la Salle, He has been declared a draft dodger in an other department. Where he could not have lived, before his majority he had no other residence than that of his parents. Mr Duprel would desire that you transmit this Certificate to the administrator of the departemnt where his son has been declared a draft dodger, in order that this does not happen again he insist that that everything about the draft dodging be deleted.
I am etc. D’ermecheville
According to Wagram, du Prel was appointed aid de camp to general L'héritier and obtained in this quality his licence of chief of the squadron on 17 June 1812. 27 April 1813, he was assigned with this rank to 4e regiment of hussards.
To this opportunity, du Prel was touched the next dispatch:
Paris 28 April 1813
The minister of the war warns Sir Duprel squadron chief helps camp of the General his héritien, quil is admitted. He is to pass in his rank to the 4e Regiment of hussards. in replacement of Mr Collesson passed in the Imperial Rank he will take orders of the General of cavalry of the grand Army.
To Sir Duprel (Adolphe) chief of squadron of Limcien 4e Regiment of hussards, hotel of Strasbourg. Street of Richelien No 50 to Paris.
du Prel was the same year to Lutzen, to Bautzen, to Dresde and to Leipzig. He was appointed to colonel of cavalry on 26 August 1813 on the battlefield of of Dresde, he fell on 19 October in Leipzig to the hands of the Russians.
On 13 April 1814, the director of the circle of Diekirch wrote to the baroness du Prel: (see below)
The below pargraph is in German
To Mrs. du Prel
Edelogebohrne in Erpeldingen. Ihr Schreiben welches Sie unterm 12ten Mârz 1814 year Herrn von Anathan* gerichtet, um durch Ihn tells Befreiung Ihres Kriegsgefangenen Herrn Sohnes zu bewirken , haben der Herr Baron mit dem Schreiben of Herrn Vannerus year Be Wohlgebohren Herrn General Commissar in Echternach zurückgesendet.
Durch Schreiben vom 11ten April haben Wohlgebohren der Herr Gereral Commissioner mir aufgetragen Ihnen tells nachricht zu ertheilen, dass er gerne zur befreiung und Rückkehr Ihres Herrn Sohnes go beytragen würde was @nur in Seinen Kraften stünde, allein dass Ihr Verlangen kein Gegenstand Seiner Verwaltung ist, und übrigens der Augenblick noch nicht gekommen sey, sick mit dem Schicksale der Kriegsgefangenen zu beschaftighen, dessen Entscheidung wahrscheinlich rayish-brown zum allgemeinen Frieden verschoben bleiben wird.**
Ich bedaure von herzen, dass ich Ihnen keine trostreichere Nachricht ertheilen kann; dass ich aber gerne go aufbiethen mogte um den Shon in dieArme der liebenden Mutter zurück zu führen, konnen Sie demjenigen glauben, welcher all zugut weiss and schon erfahren hat wie sehr tells Trennung der Kinder von den Eltern schmerzlich sey.
Ich habe tells Ehre Sie mit Hochachtung zu grüssen
Diekirch den 13. April 1814
In the current month of October 1814. du Prel returned in France to take share in the headquarters of the marshal Ney to the campaigns of Hundred Days. afterwards he assisted at Waterloo to the collapse of the Empire, he was decommision on 15 August 1815.
du Prel had participated in campaigns of the year XI to the corps.
observaton of the Gironde, year XII and XIII to armies of coast of the Ocean, the year, 1806 and 1807 to the Great Army, in Austria, in Prusse and in Poland, 1808 in Spain, 1809, 1812 and 1813 to the Great Army and 1815 in Belgium. 10 August 1806, he had been injured three knocks of sabre to the combat of Saalfeld, and cadix June 1807, a cuop of lance to Tykockzyn*
Returned to the country in 1815, du Prel was appointed 5 March 1816 member in the order equestrian of the Great - Dukedom of Luxemburg. 15 August 1817, He entered the army of Netherlands with the rank of Lieutenant colonel surnuméraire of cavalry. On 13 November 1817, du Prel makes connaitre in the general manager of the department of the Trade and Colonies to The Hague. He accepts the nomination of lieutenant colonel for the military service of oriental Indias.
19 May 1818, Goodwin, vice - consul of Netherlands to Ramsgate, certifies that Baron du Prel Lieutenant Colonel to the service of his Majesty the King of Netherlands and Sr Heykoop, Gentleman, fleeting Dernierement on the boat Of nieuwe Zeelust, captain Carl Fredericks, on the way of Amsterdam to Batavia, having interrupted their trip and left the boat to this port, have proceeded to their return in Holland. 6 July following, du Prel ist authorized to nurse himself at the hopital of the Kingdom has Leyde. According to a tradition of the family, du Prel was shipwrecked on the coasts of England.
In May 1817, during a stay that he made in his native country du Prel solicited the government of Louis XVIII the ratification of his nomination in the order of the Legion of honor* admission, he addressed to Paris the certificate that here is.
We President of the municipal commission of lavile of Luxembouirg, certify that Mr Adolphe du Prel, born Luxembourg 10 May 1782, here - ahead chief of squadron to 4 hussards to the service of France and currently lieutenant colonel acservice of S.M. the King of Netherlands, appointed Summer knight.
Page 504 & 505
Legion of honor on 8 August 1809 under the Number #25658, in the rank of Lieutenant, as well as he conste of the patent that us has been produced
Made in Luxemburg 17 May 1817
15 October following, a new patent on parchment (to see the copy opposite) was delivered to du Prel, that, by royal decree of 2 January 1818, was authorized to carry the decoration in the order royal of the Legion of honor.
Pensioner to the service of Netherlands 15 November 1819, du Prel contracted marriage in Nancy on 9 April 1828 with Therese Charlotte de Begue of Bayecourt. Spouse and children passed the first years of their marriage to the castle of Erpeldange. It is there that on 10 October 1831 du Prel got a petition of the local authority of Ettelbruck, praying him to accept functions of lieutenant colonel of the civic rank of the canton. We do not know if he complied to this request.
27 December 1859, du Prel asked for the medal of Saint Héléne, for what purposes he addressed to Paris his proof of service
To the Marshal Pélissier, Duke of Malakoff, Great Chancelier of the Legion of honor
I have the honor to address you my service, it states as asked by a letter of the Great Chancery of the Legion of honor.
I have committed voluntarily in 10e Regiment of hussards in March 1803 and have been appointed Corporal in September the same year. I have past by all ranks of Under officer by making campaigns of Austria, Prusse and Poland and have been appointed in light - Cavalry of the Prince Murat, Great Duke of Berg, Lieutenant to the peace of Tiulsitt; I have made campaigns of 1807 and 1808 in quality of aide de camp of general Lasalle. Exited Spain to its continuation in March 1809, I have made the campaigns of Austria until the battle of Wagram where the general Lasalle was killed and where I have been appointed captain and knight the Legion of Honor. Past immediately assistance of camp of général Lhéritier, I have returned to France to his continuation, where he has been employed in inspection of the Cavalry in different departments. Party in 1811 for Russia, appointed Chief of Squadron to the passage of the Niémen, I have made always as aide de camp of the general Lhéritier all the campaigns and the retreat of Russia. campaigns of Lutzen, Bautzen, Dresde, Leipzig I have been made captive and returned in Russia.
To the battle of Dresde, I have been appointed Colonel on the battlefield and my patent, intercepted as that has arrived if often to this time, has not reached me. Returned in France during Hundred Days, I have been strong surprised not to find my nomination of my new rank. I have requested, but it was too late, Emperor had left.
Attached to the Major State of the Marshal Ney, I have made the campaigns of Waterloo. Later being sick after my long stay in Russia, I have given my resignation. Since, I have married in Nancy and now reside.
Here is, Monseigueur, as exactly as I then give them to memory my statements of services, my papers, horses and crews having been lost in Leipzig.
Baron du Prel
29 October 1861, the secretaire general of the Great Chancery know to the baron du Prel: results of the individual intructions to which I have submitted your file. You were appointed Knight to the Legion of honor on 8 August 1809 and that you are correct concerning salary assigned to this award, until on the 1st of July 1814.
Consequently and on my proposal, his Execllence the Great Chancellor has well wanted to decide 26 October quevous would be reintegrated on the register legionaries qi recoivent the processing.
du Prel is deceased in Nancy on 25 October 1863.
note from page 504
Contract of marriage between: Pierre Louis Adolphe Georges Baron du Prel, born Luxembourg on 10 May 1782, first assessor of the commune Ettelbruck, member of the ordere equestrian of the Great - Dukedom of Luxemburg Lieutenant Colonel pensioned to the service of S.M. the King of Netherlands and Knight of the Legion of honor, domicileed in Erpeldange, and Demoiselle Therese Charlotte de Begue of Bayecourt, Born in Nancy on 5 September 1793, daughter of the defunct Mr Pierre Louis de Begue of Bayecourt, knight, ancient magistrate, and Lady Marie Anne Louise de Bridge of Romémont.
The day of Predicts it contract, 9 April 1828, the marriage was celebrated in Nancy. This union issurent: Marie du Prel died 1908, that she married viscount Alphonse de Buy of Aray, and Elisa du Prel died 1909, she married baron Henri de Kesling.
Theresa: Behind her last name was de Bayecourt. / Banecourt ALIAS: de Benat Lds film #1279127 Nancy France
+ 61. i Marie Adelante Josephine du PREL #243 born 1 Mar 1833.
62. ii Francoise Elisa Charlotte du PREL #246 born 13 Jan 1835, Nancy, France, married 7 May 1863, in Nancy, France, Adolphe Francois Henry de KESLING #247, died 24 Mar 1897, Nancy, France. Francoise died Mar 1909, France. TITLE: baroness Lds film#1279127 Nancy France Adolphe: TITLE: baron Lds film #1279127 Nancy France
56. Clemens Joseph, du PREL #259 (44.Jean9, 38.Charles8, 32.Gerard7, 19.Antoine6, 13.Pierre5, 12.Jean4, 6.Guillaume3, 4.Pierre2, 1.Jean1) born 21 Nov 1791, Amberg, Bavaria, married 12 May 1854, Rosalie BAUMGARTNER #260, died 4 Jul 1870, Burghausen. Clemens died 4 Dec 1873, Bourghausen. AKA: Klemens Duprel FULL NAME: Klemens Joseph Charles Antoine Jean Francois de Paule du PREL de Chapois TITLE: baron
63. i Fredrich du PREL #261 title: Baron, died 1875. Lieutenant au 10eme bataillon de chasseurs, decede sans alliance entre 1875 - 1909
64. ii Caroline du PREL #262 born 5 Feb 1847, Burghausen, title: Baroness.
65. iii Francoise du PREL #263 born 23 Apr 1854, Baughausen, title: Baroness. NICKNAME: Fanny dame de la cour de Caroline de Baviere, vivant en 1859
58. Maximilian du PREL #265 (44.Jean9, 38.Charles8, 32.Gerard7, 19.Antoine6, 13.Pierre5, 12.Jean4, 6.Guillaume3, 4.Pierre2, 1.Jean1) born 28 May 1800, Amberg, Germany, occupation Lawyer, married 3 May 1829, in Landshut, Maria Anna von SANDRECZKY #266, born 23 Aug 1803, Regensburg, (daughter of Anton von SANDRECZKY #392 and Maria Anna ROTT #393) died 14 Apr 1884, Ottershausen. Maximilian died 22 Apr 1882, Otterhausen. FULL NAME: Maximilien Joseph, baron du PREL d'Erpeldange de CHAPOIS bourgeois de Fribourg le 11 aout 1860, Rech tsanwalt, avocat royal a Munich en 1882. SOURCE: Bulletin Institut Fribourgeois d'Heraldique et de Genealogie, Sep 1993 TITLE: baron Maria: FULL NAME: Anna Antoine Therese TITLE: baroness
66. i Marie Maximilienne du PREL #267 born 19 May 1831, Landshut, Germany, died 13 Feb 1907, Dieuze, France. FULL NAME: Maximilienne marie Josephine du PREL SOURCE: Bulletin Institut Fribourgeois d'Heraldique et de Genealogie, Sep 1993 TITLE: baroness
67. ii Eugenie Theodora du PREL #268 born 2 Apr 1837, Freising, occupation Councilor of Lorraine. FULL NAME: Eugenie Theodora Maximilienne Anne Antonie du PREL fut religieuse salesienne a Avignon sous le nom de soeur Eugenie de Sales. SOURCE: Bulletin Institut Fribourgeois d'Heraldique et de Genealogie Sep 1993 TITLE: baron
+ 68. iii Carl Ludwig du PREL #269 born 3 Apr 1839.
69. iv Frederic du PREL #274 occupation Director of Regence, died 1905, Augsburg, Germany. chambellan de S.M. le roi de Baviere, conseiller inperial au ministere d'Alsace Lorraine, directeur de regence a Augsbourg, y habitait en 1891 (Schatzlerstrasse 10/IIa) et deceda vers 1905 SOURCE: Bulletin, Institut Fribourgeois d'Heraldique et de Genealogie Sep 1993 TITLE: baron
+ 70. v Maximilian du PREL #275 born 3 Jul 1840.
71. vi Francoise Madeleine du PREL #292 born 13 Jul 1842, Munich, Germany. FULL NAME: Francoise madeline Beatriz Anna Marie Klothildis Eugenie du PREL fut religieuse salesienne a Annecy sous le nom de soeur Anne Francoise TITLE: baroness
72. vii Walter Gauthier du PREL #293 born 3 Mar 1844, Germany ?, died 25 Jul 1870, Sedan, France. fut lieutenant au regiment de la garde de S.M. le roi de Baviere. Il recut la medaille de guerre de l'armee bavaroise en 1866 et la medaille de l'Ordre bavarois du Merite militaire en 1870. Il deceda sans alliance a Mont-Villers pres de Sedan le 25 septembre 1870 suite aux blessures qu'il recut lors de la bataille de Sedan le 1er septembre 1870 FULL NAME: Walter Eduard Gauthier Karl Clemens du Prel TITLE: baron
73. viii Antenie Clothilde du PREL #332 born 26 Sep 1832. SOURCE: Maximilian Dietrich baron du Prel. Bad Kissingen, Germany (1996).
61. Marie Adelante Josephine du PREL #243 (51.Pierre10, 41.Charles9, 38.Charles8, 32.Gerard7, 19.Antoine6, 13.Pierre5, 12.Jean4, 6.Guillaume3, 4.Pierre2, 1.Jean1) born 1 Mar 1833, Erpeldange, Luxembourg., married 15 Jun 1857, in Nancy, France, Alphonse Victor de BRY #244, died 31 Oct 1890, Paris, France. Marie died 30 Jun 1908, Paris, France. TITLE: baroness SOURCE #1: Lds film #1279127 Nancy France SOURCE#2: Bulletin from the Institut Fribourgeois d'Heraldique et de Genealogie No. 20 dated Septembre 1993 Alphonse: name behind his last name d'Arcy TITLE: Viscomte Lds film #1279127 Nancy France
74. i Unk de BRY #245.
68. Carl Ludwig du PREL #269 (58.Maximilian10, 44.Jean9, 38.Charles8, 32.Gerard7, 19.Antoine6, 13.Pierre5, 12.Jean4, 6.Guillaume3, 4.Pierre2, 1.Jean1) born 3 Apr 1839, Landshut, Bavaria, Germany, occupation Doctor of Philosophe, married 8 Mar 1880, in Munich, Germany, Albertine Marie Josephe BAUR #270, born 18 Jun 1853, Munich, Germany, died 9 Jun 1915, Munich, Germany. Carl died 5 Aug 1899, Heiligenkreuz, bei Hall, Tyrol. SOURCE: Bulletin Institut Fribourgeois d' heraldique et de Genealogi e Sep 1993 FULL NAME / TITTLE: Carl Ludwig Auguste Maximilian Friedrich, baron du PREL de CHAPOIS d'Erpeldange.
Bourgeois de Fribourg le 22 janvier 1863, etudia au Ludwigs-gymnasium de Munich et dans la pagerie royale. Apres y avoir acheve ses etudes il s'inscrivit a l'universite de droit pour suivre les traces de son pere, mais ces etudes ne lui donnant pas satisfaction il embrassa la carriere militaire. En 1886 il prit ainsi part a la gueere contre la Prusse etant alors lieutenant d'infanterie. De retour a Munich il fit partie d'un cercle de jeunes devint docteur en philosophie de I'Universite de Tubingen et ecrivain.
En 1870 il fut directeur du depot des prisonniers francais de Neubourg. Apres la guerre il se retira avec le grade de capitaine.
Des lors il se consacra a son amour de la nature et de la science et voyagea beaucoup. Il ecrivit alors plusieurs ouvrages sur le spiritisme et les sciences occultes.
SOURCE #3: Encyclopedia of Occultism and Parapsychology 2nd edition
Du Prel, Baron Carl (1839-1899)
German philosopher, author of the Philosophy of Mysticism (2 vols., 1889), dealing with the latent power of human beings. He studied the phenomena of hypnotism (then known as Amimal Magnetism) and investigated such famous mediums as John Eglinton and Eusapia Palladino. he concluded that the phenomena sf Spirtualism furnished empirical evidence of the existence of transcendental beings. He accepted human survival as a proved fact. He was one of the pioneers of psychiacal research in Germany. He demanded state appointed commissions for research and was the first to point out the fallacy of a parallel between mediums and condurers.
PREL, KARL, Freiherr von (1839-1899), german philosopher, was born at Landshut on the 3rd of April 1839. After studying at the university of Munich he served in the Bavarian army from 1859 to 1872, when he retired with the rank of captain. he then gave himself up to philosophical work, especially in connexion with the phenomena of hypnotism and occultism from the modern psycholigical standpoint. He attempted to deduce the existence of spirt, apart from the yet entering from time to time into connexion with the phenomena of the senses, by an examination of the relation between the ego of thought and the age of sensible experience as understood by kant. In 1868 he received the degree of doctor from the university of Tubingen in recognition of a treatise of the psychology of Dreams (Oneirokritikon. Der Traum vom Standpunkt des transcendentalen Idealismus).
Subsequently, he published numerous works on various psychological and scientific subjects of which the more important are: Der gesunde Menschenverstand vor den problemen der Wissenschaft (1872); Der kampf ums Dasein am himmel (1874), republished in 1882 under the title Entwickelungsgeschichte des Weltalls; Die Planetenbewohner und die Nebularhypothese (1880); Die Philosophie der Mystik (1885); Justinus Kerner und die Seherin von Prevorst (1886); Die monistische Seelenlehre (1881); die Mystik der alten Griechen (1888); Kants mystische Weltanschauung (1889); Studien aus dem Gebiete der Geheimwissenchafter (1890); Der Spiritismus (1893); Die Entdeckung der Seele durch die Geheimwissenschaften (1894-1895); In Der Kampf ums Dasein am Himmel von Prel endeavoured to apply the Darwinian doctine of organic evolution not only to the sphere of consiusness but also even more widely as the philosophical priniple of the world. He was one of a large number of German thinkers who during the latter half of the 19th ce ntury endeavoured to treat the mind as a mechanism. he died on the 4th of August 1899
See Evolution; in Philosophy TITLE: baron
75. i Leopold Karl du PREL #271 born 2 May 1882, Munich, Germany, married 27 Apr 1922, in Muncich, Germany, Agnes Gertrud MAYER #335, born 8 Jan 1881, Freiburg, died Munich, Germany. Leopold died 26 Jan 1939, Munich, Germany. FULL NAME: Leopold Gerhard Karl Eduard Maximilien baron du PREL d'Erpeldange de CHAPOIS. fut docteur en philosophie de l'universite de munich. SOURCE: Bulletin Institut Fribourgeois d'heraldique et de Genealogie, Sep 1993 TITLE: baron
76. ii Hildegarde Emma du PREL #272 born 31 Dec 1883, Munich, Germany, married 21 Jun 1909, Hugo PROKSCH #273. Hildegarde died 1968, Bregeni. FULL NAME: Hildegarde Emma Albertine Maximilienne Francoise du PREL SOURCE: Bulletin Institut Fribourgeois d'Heraldiqueet de Genealogie. Sep 1993 TITLE: baroness Hugo: Oberlieutenant au 2eme regiment de chasseurs tyroliens de l'empereur. Ils vecurent a Bregenz am Bodensee
70. Maximilian du PREL #275 (58.Maximilian10, 44.Jean9, 38.Charles8, 32.Gerard7, 19.Antoine6, 13.Pierre5, 12.Jean4, 6.Guillaume3, 4.Pierre2, 1.Jean1) born 3 Jul 1840, Landshut, Bavaria, Germany, married 15 Aug 1875, in Ambach, Karoline von POELLNIZ #276, born 23 Mar 1855, Nuremberg, (daughter of Karl von POELLNITZ #376 and Luise von ALBERT #377) died 9 Oct 1918, Munich, Germany. Maximilian died 15 Sep 1912, Munich, Germany. SOURCE OF INFORMATION: Notice genealogique sur la fam ille du Prel. The Gazette of Lorraine Metz, France, saturday , 9 Mar 1907, No 57, pg 2.
Max was brother of Miss Marie du Prel, he died at Dieuze France, and of his 4 brothers, of whom 2 were officers in the service of Bavaria, Carl, former Captain, Doctor of Philosopher (died in 1899). Walter Lieutenant of the guards of S.M. for the King of Bavaria, died in 1870 of wounds received at Bazeilles. Frederic died in 1906 (Chambellan and director of regence at Augsburg). And Max Chambellan former councilor, minister of Alsace Lorraine who lived in Munich Germany. Monsieur le Baron Max du Prel was President of the Bureau of statistics at Strasboug. The volume XXVIII of statistics publications will give a very valuable service to whoever wants to study the history of ancient/old territories of Luxembourg that nowadays belongs to Germany. One equal discovery of very interesting notes on the same subject within the Gernamy is very remarkable. There are numerous articles, from him.
ALIAS: Duprel SOURCE #2: Bulletin Institut Fribourgeois d'Heraldique et de Genealogie 1993 TITLE: baron Karoline: TITLE: baroness
77. i Marie Anna du PREL #277 born 26 Aug 1877, Strassbourg, died 1964, Ansbach, Germany. FULL NAME: Marie Anna Maximiliene Karoline Klara Mathilde Theodore du Prel, Dame d'homncuse des Bayer SOURCE: Bulletin Institut Fribourgeois d'Heraldique et de Genealogie, Sep 1993 TITLE: baroness
+ 78. ii Walter Edouard du PREL #278 born 18 Nov 1878.
78. Walter Edouard du PREL #278 (70.Maximilian11, 58.Maximilian10, 44.Jean9, 38.Charles8, 32.Gerard7, 19.Antoine6, 13.Pierre5, 12.Jean4, 6.Guillaume3, 4.Pierre2, 1.Jean1) born 18 Nov 1878, Strassbourg, married 26 Nov 1901, in Tutzing, Bavaria, Gabriele de CETTO #279, born 25 Aug 1876, Ober-Lauterbach, (daughter of Wilhelm von CETTO #336 and Henriette Auguste von HELMSTATT #337) died 6 Jul 1954, Munich, Germany. Walter died 14 J un 1917, Verdun. FULL NAME: Walter Edouard Gustave Justus Julius Karl Friedrich Albert du Prel, marquis d'Erpeldange, baron de CHAPOIS Walter died in Verdun France. The name Verdun is forever written on the blackest pages of history. Even though Germen and French troops alike showed heroic courage and self denial the successive battles from Feb 1916 to Oct 1917 killed more than 800,000 men. (Kommandeun d' 2ms reg Bayern) TITLE: baron Gabriele: TITLE: baroness
+ 79. i Maximilien du PREL #280 born 7 May 1904.
+ 80. ii Elisabeth Charlotte du PREL #291 born 1 Sep 1911.